Making it through Monday definitely deserves a celebratory dinner but, because there’s still a whole week to get through, better make it a cheap one.
Here’s 16 spots to eat a tasty Tuesday dinner that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
- Pickled Cactus Mexican Restaurant: Because Tuesday seems to be the day of the taco, Pickled Cactus in Biggera Waters do a Taco and Taquito Tuesday’s where you can chow down on two tacos or taquitos with a beer or glass of sangria for just $15. At 610 Oxley Drive, Biggera Waters
- The Southport Yacht Club: Right on the water, this lovely little place offers a chicken parmi with chips and salad for just $12.90. Gobble that up while ogling all the fancy yachts floating about nearby. At 1 Macarthur Parade, Main Beach
- Brooklyn Depot: If you’re keen to party on a Tuesday eve, Brooklyn Depots’ Frat Tuesday’s are where it’s at. Grab yourself $1 Wings all night long as well as unlimited fries with every side AND there are board games on every table and plenty more fun to be had. At The 4217, Beach Rd, Surfers Paradise
- California Cantina: Tacos for everyone! This fun-filled space also offer a taco Tuesday deal in the form of a $5 black bean taco or plate of buffalo wings. Mexi-madness. At 15 Via Roma, Surfers Paradise
- Salt Meats Cheese: Ever seen pasta prepared in a cheese wheel? Well now you can thanks to Salt Meats Cheese. These legends offer $25 Truffle Cheese Wheel Pasta for your tasting and viewing pleasure. At The 4217, Beach Rd, Surfers Paradise
- Stingray Lounge: Stop it Stingray Lounge. These colourful characters are all about tacos on a Tuesday and can grab yourself a few for just $3 a pop. Yep, that’s as good as it gets. At QT Gold Coast, 7 Staghorn Ave, Surfers Paradise
- Miss Margarita: It’s tinnies and tacos for (Tues)days at Miss Margarita in Broadbeach. Just $15 for two tacos and a tin of Tecate or a glass of wine or three tacos for $15. Arriba! At 89 Surf Pde, Broadbeach
- Fire Cue: There can never be enough tacos so you may as well try ’em all. Fire Cue, in Nobby’s, offer $5 hand-pressed goodies. It’s taco time at Fire Cue. At 1/2243 Gold Coast Highway
- MexiCali: Perched high above Nobby’s, MexiCali, has epic tacos for the encourage-you-to-overindulge price of just $5 each. At 2223 Gold Coast Hwy, Nobby Beach
- Sway Contemporary Thai: Sway Contemporary Thai brings you a selection of stir-fry’s every Tuesday night for $15. It’s Burleigh’s hidden gem, go check it out. At Old Burleigh Theatre Arcade, Burleigh Heads
- BiN 12: BiN 12, Burleigh-ites, is also onboard for taco Tuesday’s and offers $6 GOURMET (no less) tacos for your tasting pleasure. At 12 James Street, Burleigh Heads
- Mandala & Co. How does all you can eat pizza sound? Silly question. At Mandala & Co. in Mermaid Beach that’s a thing for just $28 per person with dessert pizzas included. Seriously, their food is all kinds of quality, get on this one. At 2558 Gold Coast Hwy, Mermaid Beach.
- Currumbin Beach Vikings: Currumbin Beach Vikings, perched right above the sea, offers two for one meals on a Tuesday night from 5pm. Really, it’s three for one if you include that crazy view. At 741 Pacific Pde, Currumbin
- BiN 72: Keeping it in the family is BiN 72 in Coolangatta also serving up $6 gourmet tacos for our southern friends. Bonus: you can people watch and listen to the crashing waves while scoffing tacos. Yes. At The Strand, 72-80 Marine Pde, Coolangatta
- baskk at Kirra Point: If you haven’t been to the breezy, beachside newbie that is baskk at Kirra Point, here’s the motivation you need. On Tuesday’s they offer $10 share plates and be warned, you’ll want to try them all. At 52-58 Marine Pde, Coolangatta.
- Beach Burrito Coolangatta: You guessed it, it’s taco Tuesday at Beach Burrito in Coolangatta. Get yourself $3 tacos from their super long list and wander across the road to enjoy them by the beach. At 72-80 Marine Pde, Coolangatta
Words by Kirra Smith